Trove Tuesday: Rose Vale School

One of my major historical interests is the history of education, something to which my shelved PhD project will attest, so it has always been a pleasure to know that one of my ancestors at least placed great stock in educational opportunity. The letter below with a family bible was given to Charles Robert Muffett of Rosevale, Windellama by the children who attended the schoolroom he built on his property.


I was pleased then to find a mention of this school in the SMH

REPORT OF THE COUNCIL OF EDUCATION. (1880, May 4).The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842 - 1954), p. 3. Retrieved December 4, 2012, from http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article13459378
One day I am going to have to trek out to Kingswood and look at the records held about the school by the State Archive. I'm sure it will be fascinating. 

You can find all the #TroveTuesday posts over at Branches, Leaves & Pollen or search the hashtag on twitter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 1 - Firsts

DNA mapping

Updated DNA Maps